My trees!

As some of you know, I am a bit of a tree hugger. Of all living green things - trees - are what I love the most. All shapes and sizes! About a week ago, Johannesburg City Council (parks division) were in our street 'trimming' the trees to prevent them from interfering with the electrical wires. While I totally understand why they have to 'trim' the trees, I do take personal offense when their actions could potentially damage the few trees that grace our street. I was shocked at the result of their 'trimming'!!!! I cannot help wandering if there wasn't some other way to solve the problem.



This is what they did to a tree that is in our yard and smaller ones that are on the pavement



Luckily, this one escaped the chainsaw!
As did the big pine tree next door!

Comments

Popular Posts