A day of celebration

Yesterday, 18th June, Nic and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. The day started with the kids making us a surprise breakfast of bananas and yogurt (one of my favourites). During breakfast they played some music for us and of course we could not resist getting up and dancing around in our pj's! So there we were bopping to the sounds of The Clash and The Cure... and that was just the beginning of a fun day.....
There were notes for both of us and a home made card from the kids. Madison (our aspiring song writer) wrote us a beautiful song called "Thank You"

Nic gave me a card that I will always treasure and on the envelope he had drawn a timeline of some of the major events in our life together as husband and wife. He also gave me a beautiful bracelet encrusted with NZ Paua Shell.

I gave him a card filled with all my thoughts and a U2 dvd.

Yesterday was also my father-in-law's 75th birthday! So we decided to have a celebratory tea with them and because we were all together, we thought it a perfect time for a photo shoot.

So here they are: Hennie and Cecelia Erasmus

I was having a bad hair day!

Our family!

The joys of our life!!






We had a "spud bar" dinner (another of our favourite meals) at home and then watched "Bedtime Stories" together! It was such a fun way to celebrate!
Baked potatoes and toppings!

Yum!!
We ended the day with a private celebration of our own after the kids had gone to bed. It was a very memorable day!!!

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary my friends. I am very happy to hear that you had such a lovely celebration. It sounds clearly that we were at opposing ends of the spectrum of happiness that day and rightly so with our experiences being so different. I'm glad that Liam and Madsion had a great day with you too. I miss you! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts