Madison's Missionary Journey - Week 1


This first week of my mission has been absolutely wonderful, and I have seen the hand of the Lord enabling me to serve to my fullest capacity.


On Monday, I felt so nervous about starting the following day. I was feeling slightly incompetent and overthinking various "what-if" scenarios. Then, I read Acts 1:8 during my scripture study, which says "but ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me...unto the uttermost part of the earth". This reminded me that I have been called of God to aid people in family history and temple work, to be a witness and my mission is just as important as any. God will endow me with the power to do His work in this part of His vineyard. 

I woke up at about 2:30 am on Tuesday feeling nauseous and dizzy. I thought: "Oh no! I have to get up in a couple of hours to begin my first day at the center, this can't happen now!' So, I prayed, asked Heavenly Father to help me feel better and received a priesthood blessing from my dad. I soon fell asleep and woke up feeling good, as if I hadn't been ill a few hours before. This was a tender mercy! 

The people I was able to serve this week were so sweet. There was this small, thin African lady who said to me that she's the only one left in her family, so she's doing the best she can with family history to preserve the information and get temple work completed for her ancestors. I was so inspired by her diligence and motivation to participate in a sacred work.:)

I ended up having two full days on Tuesday and Friday, and although I'm only 23 and should have more energy, I've been struggling with low stamina and other health challenges the past few months, so these full days on my feet out of the house made me really tired. Yet, I felt the Lord enabling me with the strength to endure the length of my service days. When you are in His service, and you try your best, you are entitled to His divine help. I have seen this evidenced in my week, the subtle yet powerful progress I made, and in the lives of the people I served. :)
I am so excited for this week ahead, and I can't wait to share more of my experiences with all of you. 

Much love, 

Sister Erasmus

Comments

Popular Posts