Madison's Missionary Journey - Week 4

Hello everyone,

It's been a hard week. 

At the very beginning of the week, I was recovering from a dose of flu that I just couldn't shake completely. After a full day at the Family History Center, I ended up having an epileptic seizure. 
Luckily it happened while I was lying in bed that evening, so I was safe from any potential injuries.
 My brain simply could not cope with the amount of stimuli it had received that day.
 Usually, after a full grand mal seizure like that, it takes me a few days to recover fully. 
The body gets quite a shock and one gets left feeling very tired and weak, and the brain feels ultra-sensitive. 
Because of this, I was not able to serve at the center on Friday.
 I took time to rest and regain my balance and I am feeling a whole lot better!

On the upside, there were several high points this week! 
On Tuesday we had a couple from Malawi and another couple from Zimbabwe, come to be sealed in the Temple, for time and all eternity
. They also came to spend time in the center, researching their family history.
 It was a joy to help them! 

(A small portion of ONE of the bookcases filled with records from various countries for hands-on research)

I was also able to submit 5 batches of indexed marriages, and that felt really good!

(An example of a scanned document that I would index - this one dates back to 1829)

I would also really love to share an ongoing project that takes place in the center. 
When visitors come to the center, we encourage any who wish to, to write down their conversion stories. 
This is the story of how they became converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ and
 became members of His church. 
We also take a photograph of them, print it out and attach it to their written story
 and it is added to a "Member Stories" file. 

(Some of the Member Stories files)

The files are available to view and read in the center. 
There are files for different countries and languages. 
The next time you are at the center, be sure to have a look and add your story! 
This has made me think about writing my own conversion story, and realize the importance of documenting such stories for personal and family history. 
I invite you to WRITE yours too!!


I am so thankful to be a called of God to serve at this time. He lives and He loves us.

Much Love
Sister Erasmus

Comments

Popular Posts