Madison's Missionary Journey - Weeks 7, 8, and 9

Dear family and friends,

I apologize for not writing for 3 weeks. Things have been so busy!

Here are some highlights from the past 3 weeks!

I was invited to speak at our Stake Conference, and it went far better than I thought it would!
 The topic was 'Ministering' and I spoke about how we can minister through family history.
 I will be sharing my 7-minute talk with you all soon!
 One thing that really helped me to prepare for my talk was my scripture study journal! 
Writing down my thoughts during scripture study helped me to formulate a piece of my talk because I had studied a similar topic a few weeks prior and recorded quotes, scriptures and my ponderings. 

Richard G. Scott said, "Knowledge carefully recorded is knowledge available in time of need." 
 I really encourage you all to keep a scripture study journal!

Things are back in full swing at the center! 
On one particular day, we had 40 patrons visit and use our services.
 Between 13 computers, 7 missionaries and 2 of our printers not working....it was a little CRAZY!
 But we managed! 
We had visitors come from as far as Kenya and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
 I got to meet and help some really sweet families!

We have started yet another HUGE project.
 In addition to the 3 special projects I am working on,
 I have been tasked with part of the new project, which entails checking approximately 14 000 onsite microfilms on which there are countless image collections. 
My job is to check and correlate which of the image collections have been digitized and/or are available online. It is a painstakingly meticulous task! 

Something I wanted to share with you -
I forget who mentioned this, but one of the brethren who spoke in a recent RootsTech presentation
 shared how as we focus on the two greatest commandments,
 which have to do with relationships ( God and our neighbours) 
we will be working on the things that last, and the gospel will move from our heads to our hearts.
 I will try and find the link and share it in my next letter.

Much love
Sister Erasmus xx

No pictures this week! Sorry xxx


Comments

Popular Posts