Knitting - Therapy

I really love knitting.
Not anything fancy.
Just plain old 'granny' squares.
I love mixing and matching colours
and trying out new stitches.
I've been knitting squares galore
while resting and recuperating.
The wool was given to me by my niece Yolande
after her mom Jenny (an avid knitter)
passed away in November.
It's all part of a special "67 things" project
 that I am working on this year.
I set a personal goal to knit 67 squares by 18 July,
Nelson Mandela's birthday.
These will be donated to the Luipaardsvlei Old Age Home
via my oncology radiologist.
They are collecting squares to sew into blankets.

23 done and 44 to go!
I have learnt several new stitches
and I am honing my skills.
My tensions and edging are improving!
This has not cost me anything but time, while I rested!
It's been great therapy for my damaged arm and my very busy mind.



I

Comments

Popular Posts