"Did you think to Pray?" - Soul Food #2

I was feeling decidedly down this morning when I woke up...I miss NZ and I miss those times when life was a little simpler and easier..after reading scriptures with my family, I found myself humming a tune which I only realised later was the tune to this song...

Did you think to Pray?
Ere you left your room this morning
Did you think to pray?
In the name of Christ our Savior
Did you sue for loving favour
as a shield today
When your heart was filled with anger
Did you think to pray?
Did you plead for grace my brother
That you might forgive another
Who had crossed your way?
When sore trials came upon you
Did you think to pray?
When your soul was filled with sorrow
Balm of Gilead, did you borrow
at the gates of day?
Oh! how praying rests the weary!
Prayer will change the night to day
So, when life gets dark and dreary
Don't forget to pray
(hymn 142 Hymns of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints)
I blessed I feel to know that Heavenly Father hears and answers my prays...He knows what I need and when I need it..

Comments

  1. This is one of my favorite hymns to. Often the tune of a hymn comes in my mind when I most need the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts